To maintain a stable financial environment to achieve sustainable and inclusive economic development.
- Maintain price stability thru vigilant conduct of monetary policy, which generally targets low and stable inflation rates to preserve the purchasing power of the Dinar.
- Being a banker and adviser to the Government, playing a dynamic role in advising on macroeconomic policies. The Central Bank of Libya is the sole authority in issuing currency as well as managing the country’s international reserves.
- Promote financial sector stability through the progressive development of sustainable, robust and sound financial institutions and financial infrastructure,
Our Core Values,
Committed to our fundamental principles that would elevate us to be a model for others by :
- Establishing the spirit of belonging.
- Sense of responsibility and commitment towards the institution and its staff and clients.
- Integrity, transparency, honesty, objectivity and impartiality in order to ensure achievement of national goals.
- Teamwork, working together to achieve the national goals and serve the nation and citizens.
- Promote human development in the banking sector, which will contribute to modernization and sound governance.